Tuesday, November 22, 2011

RedRock Fashion Illustration

RedRock, graphite, watercolor & acrylic ink on watercolor paper, 12.5 x 16", 2011.

I took some time to work on Illustration Rally's fashion illustration rally. It's in collaboration with RedRock which is a fashion label from the UK. I really had a lot of fun drawing the clothing on this illustration. They specialize in re-working vintage clothing; I wanted to give the illustration a retro feel, but still look appealing to a modern-day customer.

Here's a close-up:

and a peek at my preliminary drawing:
  
I don't usually draw fashion illustration, but I saw this as a good opportunity to try something new and maybe expand my portfolio.

5 comments:

  1. Your work is amazing and gorgeous! I love the composition, the colours, the hair.....I'm struggling to find something I dont like. Really great stuff! I like your Audrey Hephburn too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment on my blog, i absolutely love this piece, i found you through illustration rally's blog :) love those faces X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these a lot . . .
    p. s. I'm a goner now because you mentioned those turquoise pencils on my blog . . .I investigated and now drool over allllll those art pencils and pens, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...